A 5 step process, making use of Slashdot's PreviewStory feature, to create URL's that link anywhere and say anything.
1) Go to Slashdot's story submissions page and fill out the form.
* Include links and text pointing back to your website. (Shorter is better)
2) Convert the form action from "POST" to "GET".
* I use Web Developer extension for Firefox. (See screenshot)
3) Click "PreviewStory".
4) Copy the Preview Page URL.
* Should look something like...
Snipping off "op=PreviewStory" makes the link last longer. If you want to shorten the URL snip off "&sub_type=html", maybe "primaryskid=0&tid=133", or use TinyURL.
5) Link to the Preview Page URL from some other webpage .
* Wait for the search engine crawlers. (Slashdot is now linking to you)
Preview Page Screenshot:
Some answered questions
a) Will I get Slashdot'ed by using this?
No. You're unlikely to get visitor traffic from this type of link.
b) Does Google, Yahoo, MSN index the Preview Page URL?
c) Is Slashcode the only software open to this?
No. The same technique also works on many blogs, message boards, guestbooks, and comment systems. Just look for the preview feature.
d) Are the Black Hat SEO's using this?
Of course. In fact its possible to automated the discovery of websites using Slashcode and generate the Preview Page URL's dynamically.